For a long time, IoT platform has been used as a proof of concept for many business ventures. But it has only played a small role up till now. Not anymore though! With constant evolution of technology, especially in computing horsepower, IoT data connectivity and cloud computing, IoT development is taking place at a phenomenal rate. With nearly 10 billion IoT sensors and devices in 2020 (which are growing as we speak), IoT is not too far off as a real business force.Continue reading
IoT can be quite a challenge for a telecom operator, especially a small one like an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). It requires an MVNO to grow in different verticals at the same time, so it can maintain good quality of service to its customers. IoT is a technology, in which, you cannot be half-hearted. From connectivity to IoT billing, you need to get everything right. This is why you need a comprehensive internet of things connectivity provider who is also a master of managing the entire telecom platform.Continue reading
Understanding the pulse of the market is very important for any business operation. In order to get ahead of the competition, it is vital for entrepreneurs to analyze what is happening and plan accordingly. The same is true for an MVNO, which is a small fish in the big pond. In order to compete with the bigger players in the market, an MVNO has to conceptualize exciting offers for its subscribers. To do that, it has to look at the future.Continue reading
Did you know that your smartphone has a sensor that turns off the display when the phone is held close to the ear? If not for this sensor, you would find it hard to speak/listen on the phone without accidentally pressing on the touchscreen. Just imagine muting the call inadvertently and speaking for a long time. This does not happen because your phone has a magical in-built sensor called proximity sensor.
IoT is making devices smarter and our life better. It has huge potential for telecom companies that are looking to increase their revenue in the near future. However, venturing into the IoT domain has its own fair share of challenges. First of all, it requires operators to come out of their comfort zone and operate in different verticals. Also, the amount of data that needs to be accounted for in an IoT business use case is unparalleled. Despite all the challenges, IoT development is still a lucrative venture that needs to be looked at with great optimism.
Challenges in Implementing IoT Development Platform
- OTA firmware upgrades – As there can be multiple IoT sensors and devices owned by a single user, upgrading over a hardwired connection seems cumbersome and impractical. OTA firmware upgrades are a necessity for smooth operation of an IoT platform.
- Different type of connectivity requirements – An IoT business use case requires you to have access to a variety of IoT connectivity types. While fast speed and low-latency connection works best in real-time services like Telematics, there is a need for low-powered and low-bandwidth data connectivity like LoRA/Sigfox for addressing the requirements of scenarios where rapid sensor discharge can be an issue.
- IoT connectivity monetization – In this day and age, subscribers seek complete transparency in the billing process. They are well-aware of all types of services and their pricing. They won’t pay a penny extra for using a particular service. Therefore, it becomes extremely important to monetize highly complex IoT connectivity billing in such a way that customers are charged only for what they have consumed.
Cloud-Based IoT Services: Why IoT Development Platform Is so Important?
A cloud-based billing platform like Telgoo5 has the answer to all the questions posed by IoT. Below are some of its important features that are essential for successful IoT services launch:
- Convergent and real-time billing: By employing a centralized charging architecture, it becomes easier to bill all service usage effectively. An online charging system (OCS) that is based on the cloud offers true real-time convergent billing and ensures that customer receives the bill for exact amount of service/data that he has utilized.
- Multi-tenancy: A multi-tenant platform allows multiple users to access the same cloud-based resource with different user credentials. Using this platform, it becomes easier to disseminate necessary updates across the subscriber base. As Telgoo5 has a multi-tenant environment, the task of distributing widespread updates (like OTA firmware) becomes simpler.
- Access to capabilities across different verticals: A cloud-based platform like Telgoo5 can offer a variety of functionalities to users across different verticals. It provides access to readymade vendor partnerships for addressing different needs via APIs. For example, an API can be used to partner with a shipping vendor for distributing SIMs to your subscriber base. The same way it can be used to access different types of connectivity solutions.
As a cloud-based environment readily addresses all the challenges of an IoT business use case, it should be the go-to platform for your IoT development and delivery venture. Not only is it flexible and offers a variety of functionalities, it also safeguards your customers’ data with redundancy by storing it at multiple datacenters. Telgoo5 is an exceptional cloud-based platform that has the experience of delivering many successful telecom projects in the past and has the right resources to meet the IoT challenge.
Machine to machine (M2M) service provision is changing at a rapid pace. The days of communication service providers (CSPs) being satisfied with offering vertical solutions in a single area are fading quickly. A recent Bain report on trends in the IoT industry indicates that enterprises are blaming IoT vendors for not helping them to integrate IoT solutions into their businesses. CSPs, therefore, need to strategize to be in position to help their customers. One way to give the needed help is to offer bundled services across various verticals/enterprises to cater to the unique needs of the users in the Internet of Things (IoT). How can a BSS/OSS partner help your company to adapt to the unique needs of the IoT industry?Continue reading