The management of IoT business use cases can be a tall order. It is due to the fact that all IoT opportunities are fairly new and many aspects of them are still unexplored. When it comes to IoT development and deployment of IoT sensors, you need the most cutting-edge but less explored technologies. The results from the venture depend on the ingenuity of the developers and manufacturers and you have no control over it. But when it comes to an IoT platform for IoT connectivity, order management and billing solutions, you can take the help of proven internet of things companies.Continue reading
IoT is making devices smarter and our life better. It has huge potential for telecom companies that are looking to increase their revenue in the near future. However, venturing into the IoT domain has its own fair share of challenges. First of all, it requires operators to come out of their comfort zone and operate in different verticals. Also, the amount of data that needs to be accounted for in an IoT business use case is unparalleled. Despite all the challenges, IoT development is still a lucrative venture that needs to be looked at with great optimism.
Challenges in Implementing IoT Development Platform
- OTA firmware upgrades – As there can be multiple IoT sensors and devices owned by a single user, upgrading over a hardwired connection seems cumbersome and impractical. OTA firmware upgrades are a necessity for smooth operation of an IoT platform.
- Different type of connectivity requirements – An IoT business use case requires you to have access to a variety of IoT connectivity types. While fast speed and low-latency connection works best in real-time services like Telematics, there is a need for low-powered and low-bandwidth data connectivity like LoRA/Sigfox for addressing the requirements of scenarios where rapid sensor discharge can be an issue.
- IoT connectivity monetization – In this day and age, subscribers seek complete transparency in the billing process. They are well-aware of all types of services and their pricing. They won’t pay a penny extra for using a particular service. Therefore, it becomes extremely important to monetize highly complex IoT connectivity billing in such a way that customers are charged only for what they have consumed.
Cloud-Based IoT Services: Why IoT Development Platform Is so Important?
A cloud-based billing platform like Telgoo5 has the answer to all the questions posed by IoT. Below are some of its important features that are essential for successful IoT services launch:
- Convergent and real-time billing: By employing a centralized charging architecture, it becomes easier to bill all service usage effectively. An online charging system (OCS) that is based on the cloud offers true real-time convergent billing and ensures that customer receives the bill for exact amount of service/data that he has utilized.
- Multi-tenancy: A multi-tenant platform allows multiple users to access the same cloud-based resource with different user credentials. Using this platform, it becomes easier to disseminate necessary updates across the subscriber base. As Telgoo5 has a multi-tenant environment, the task of distributing widespread updates (like OTA firmware) becomes simpler.
- Access to capabilities across different verticals: A cloud-based platform like Telgoo5 can offer a variety of functionalities to users across different verticals. It provides access to readymade vendor partnerships for addressing different needs via APIs. For example, an API can be used to partner with a shipping vendor for distributing SIMs to your subscriber base. The same way it can be used to access different types of connectivity solutions.
As a cloud-based environment readily addresses all the challenges of an IoT business use case, it should be the go-to platform for your IoT development and delivery venture. Not only is it flexible and offers a variety of functionalities, it also safeguards your customers’ data with redundancy by storing it at multiple datacenters. Telgoo5 is an exceptional cloud-based platform that has the experience of delivering many successful telecom projects in the past and has the right resources to meet the IoT challenge.
With the world population increasing at an alarming rate and food grain supply unable to meet the requirements, a bleak future awaits us. As resources get depleted with each passing day, a solution needs to be found sooner rather than later. In this perilous situation and with the population fast approaching 10 billion mark, fast IoT development has emerged as a ray of hope.Continue reading
Do you know the count of connected devices is going to be close to 80 billion within the next decade? Factor in the human population (which is already 7.7 billion) and the growing number of IoT services provider, and it means that there will be almost 10 CONNECTED DEVICES FOR EVERY PERSON LIVING in the world. Continue reading