The constantly growing landscape of the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to change the dynamic nature of the business world. In the modern age, virtually everything is connected in some manner and computing has never been more intelligent and advanced.
It is virtually impossible to run a successful business without data. The importance it holds is irreplaceable. Yet, at the same time, huge volumes of data will be meaningless without application. Corporations need to utilize data analysis tools to process this information to ensure the utmost value is being provided from the data that is collected.
Did you know that your smartphone has a sensor that turns off the display when the phone is held close to the ear? If not for this sensor, you would find it hard to speak/listen on the phone without accidentally pressing on the touchscreen. Just imagine muting the call inadvertently and speaking for a long time. This does not happen because your phone has a magical in-built sensor called proximity sensor.
IoT is making devices smarter and our life better. It has huge potential for telecom companies that are looking to increase their revenue in the near future. However, venturing into the IoT domain has its own fair share of challenges. First of all, it requires operators to come out of their comfort zone and operate in different verticals. Also, the amount of data that needs to be accounted for in an IoT business use case is unparalleled. Despite all the challenges, IoT development is still a lucrative venture that needs to be looked at with great optimism.
Challenges in Implementing IoT Development Platform
- OTA firmware upgrades – As there can be multiple IoT sensors and devices owned by a single user, upgrading over a hardwired connection seems cumbersome and impractical. OTA firmware upgrades are a necessity for smooth operation of an IoT platform.
- Different type of connectivity requirements – An IoT business use case requires you to have access to a variety of IoT connectivity types. While fast speed and low-latency connection works best in real-time services like Telematics, there is a need for low-powered and low-bandwidth data connectivity like LoRA/Sigfox for addressing the requirements of scenarios where rapid sensor discharge can be an issue.
- IoT connectivity monetization – In this day and age, subscribers seek complete transparency in the billing process. They are well-aware of all types of services and their pricing. They won’t pay a penny extra for using a particular service. Therefore, it becomes extremely important to monetize highly complex IoT connectivity billing in such a way that customers are charged only for what they have consumed.
Cloud-Based IoT Services: Why IoT Development Platform Is so Important?
A cloud-based billing platform like Telgoo5 has the answer to all the questions posed by IoT. Below are some of its important features that are essential for successful IoT services launch:
- Convergent and real-time billing: By employing a centralized charging architecture, it becomes easier to bill all service usage effectively. An online charging system (OCS) that is based on the cloud offers true real-time convergent billing and ensures that customer receives the bill for exact amount of service/data that he has utilized.
- Multi-tenancy: A multi-tenant platform allows multiple users to access the same cloud-based resource with different user credentials. Using this platform, it becomes easier to disseminate necessary updates across the subscriber base. As Telgoo5 has a multi-tenant environment, the task of distributing widespread updates (like OTA firmware) becomes simpler.
- Access to capabilities across different verticals: A cloud-based platform like Telgoo5 can offer a variety of functionalities to users across different verticals. It provides access to readymade vendor partnerships for addressing different needs via APIs. For example, an API can be used to partner with a shipping vendor for distributing SIMs to your subscriber base. The same way it can be used to access different types of connectivity solutions.
As a cloud-based environment readily addresses all the challenges of an IoT business use case, it should be the go-to platform for your IoT development and delivery venture. Not only is it flexible and offers a variety of functionalities, it also safeguards your customers’ data with redundancy by storing it at multiple datacenters. Telgoo5 is an exceptional cloud-based platform that has the experience of delivering many successful telecom projects in the past and has the right resources to meet the IoT challenge.
As the age of IoT beckons, the telecom industry is at the cusp of a mega transformation. The time is ripe for those who want to take a leap and truly transform their business into something spectacular. The number of IoT devices is expected to make a jump from the present-day 26.66 billion to 75 billion by 2025. Such a fast influx of new devices is only going to increase the competition between the existing players in the market. In these highly competitive times, a cutting-edge IoT platform can be the difference maker between companies and presents a remarkable opportunity for those who are willing to change according to time.
As user preference for automation hits a new high, the proliferation of IoT devices is only going to increase in the near future. An estimated 80 zettabytes of data is expected to be produced by nearly 42 billion devices added to the IoT network by the year 2025. A myriad of IoT transactions are expected to bombard the servers located across the globe. Therefore, management of IoT platform is only going to become more complex in the coming times and associated IoT data connectivity would have to be upgraded for consistent operation. Hence, every smart telecom operator is looking for a capable partner that can manage the IoT platform and make its work easier. This is where an IoT services provider comes into the picture.Continue reading
These days the internet is not just confined to computers. There’s a whole new world of activity related to IOT, or the internet of things. With more and more devices being powered up and connected to the internet, there are more opportunities to integrate technologies using M2M, which is better known as machine to machine connectivity. Machine to machine transactions are completely changing the game, and Telgoo5 is at the forefront of this new innovation with sophisticated infrastructure and IOT systems that are maximizing the technology and using it to help your telecom business.Continue reading
Machine to machine (M2M) service provision is changing at a rapid pace. The days of communication service providers (CSPs) being satisfied with offering vertical solutions in a single area are fading quickly. A recent Bain report on trends in the IoT industry indicates that enterprises are blaming IoT vendors for not helping them to integrate IoT solutions into their businesses. CSPs, therefore, need to strategize to be in position to help their customers. One way to give the needed help is to offer bundled services across various verticals/enterprises to cater to the unique needs of the users in the Internet of Things (IoT). How can a BSS/OSS partner help your company to adapt to the unique needs of the IoT industry?Continue reading
With the world population increasing at an alarming rate and food grain supply unable to meet the requirements, a bleak future awaits us. As resources get depleted with each passing day, a solution needs to be found sooner rather than later. In this perilous situation and with the population fast approaching 10 billion mark, fast IoT development has emerged as a ray of hope.Continue reading
There are many things that make IoT special. It connects a device to another, allows control of the device from a remote location and has the ability to make life simpler for all of us. Considering what it can do, IoT Services Company and enterprises have started treating it as a phenomenon that will bring about a digital transformation. However, such is the nature of IoT that its employment alone is not sufficient for bringing about a change. Just like the beauty of a thing lies in the eyes of the beholder, the value of IoT lies in the way a business intends to use it. For all the IoT business solution and devices we have, they will be worth nothing if the business employing them is not using them innovatively.