Evolution of technology has always remained the prime concern of businesses. When it comes to the telecom industry, the tech is evolving at a rapid pace. IoT is the new buzzword in the industry and operators, both big and small, are trying to make the most of the opportunity presented by it. IoT sensors form an integral part of the IoT universe and it is essential that operators create the right infrastructure that enables optimal sensor performance.
We’re living in a world where every day, there is an innovation. An era where temperature, switching on and off security lights, monitoring water levels in our gardens is done through the Internet of Things. It has been predicted that by the end of 2020, there will be an increase in the use of IoT devices by 65%. This would automatically result in a need for better monetization of IoT services, for which improved IoT billing system would be needed.
IoT is making devices smarter and our life better. It has huge potential for telecom companies that are looking to increase their revenue in the near future. However, venturing into the IoT domain has its own fair share of challenges. First of all, it requires operators to come out of their comfort zone and operate in different verticals. Also, the amount of data that needs to be accounted for in an IoT business use case is unparalleled. Despite all the challenges, IoT development is still a lucrative venture that needs to be looked at with great optimism.
Challenges in Implementing IoT Development Platform
- OTA firmware upgrades – As there can be multiple IoT sensors and devices owned by a single user, upgrading over a hardwired connection seems cumbersome and impractical. OTA firmware upgrades are a necessity for smooth operation of an IoT platform.
- Different type of connectivity requirements – An IoT business use case requires you to have access to a variety of IoT connectivity types. While fast speed and low-latency connection works best in real-time services like Telematics, there is a need for low-powered and low-bandwidth data connectivity like LoRA/Sigfox for addressing the requirements of scenarios where rapid sensor discharge can be an issue.
- IoT connectivity monetization – In this day and age, subscribers seek complete transparency in the billing process. They are well-aware of all types of services and their pricing. They won’t pay a penny extra for using a particular service. Therefore, it becomes extremely important to monetize highly complex IoT connectivity billing in such a way that customers are charged only for what they have consumed.
Cloud-Based IoT Services: Why IoT Development Platform Is so Important?
A cloud-based billing platform like Telgoo5 has the answer to all the questions posed by IoT. Below are some of its important features that are essential for successful IoT services launch:
- Convergent and real-time billing: By employing a centralized charging architecture, it becomes easier to bill all service usage effectively. An online charging system (OCS) that is based on the cloud offers true real-time convergent billing and ensures that customer receives the bill for exact amount of service/data that he has utilized.
- Multi-tenancy: A multi-tenant platform allows multiple users to access the same cloud-based resource with different user credentials. Using this platform, it becomes easier to disseminate necessary updates across the subscriber base. As Telgoo5 has a multi-tenant environment, the task of distributing widespread updates (like OTA firmware) becomes simpler.
- Access to capabilities across different verticals: A cloud-based platform like Telgoo5 can offer a variety of functionalities to users across different verticals. It provides access to readymade vendor partnerships for addressing different needs via APIs. For example, an API can be used to partner with a shipping vendor for distributing SIMs to your subscriber base. The same way it can be used to access different types of connectivity solutions.
As a cloud-based environment readily addresses all the challenges of an IoT business use case, it should be the go-to platform for your IoT development and delivery venture. Not only is it flexible and offers a variety of functionalities, it also safeguards your customers’ data with redundancy by storing it at multiple datacenters. Telgoo5 is an exceptional cloud-based platform that has the experience of delivering many successful telecom projects in the past and has the right resources to meet the IoT challenge.
As the age of IoT beckons, the telecom industry is at the cusp of a mega transformation. The time is ripe for those who want to take a leap and truly transform their business into something spectacular. The number of IoT devices is expected to make a jump from the present-day 26.66 billion to 75 billion by 2025. Such a fast influx of new devices is only going to increase the competition between the existing players in the market. In these highly competitive times, a cutting-edge IoT platform can be the difference maker between companies and presents a remarkable opportunity for those who are willing to change according to time.
Of late, the telecom industry is seeing a rise in the number of MVNOs. However, an increase in their number does not indicate a constant rise in their success rate. MVNOs, regardless of their business model, need to focus on customer acquisition, M2M connectivity to sustain subscriber interest for a long time.Continue reading
As user preference for automation hits a new high, the proliferation of IoT devices is only going to increase in the near future. An estimated 80 zettabytes of data is expected to be produced by nearly 42 billion devices added to the IoT network by the year 2025. A myriad of IoT transactions are expected to bombard the servers located across the globe. Therefore, management of IoT platform is only going to become more complex in the coming times and associated IoT data connectivity would have to be upgraded for consistent operation. Hence, every smart telecom operator is looking for a capable partner that can manage the IoT platform and make its work easier. This is where an IoT services provider comes into the picture.Continue reading
As new technologies disrupt and transform telecom operations, the only constant in the world of telecom is ‘change’. For those Internet of Things Companies that do not ‘change’ according to the changing requirements, the subscribers punish them by leaving their services and moving on to their competitors.
Amongst the many transformations that are beckoning the telecom industry, IoT is definitely the biggest. IoT is a truly revolutionary tech with great potential and amazing forecasts. According to a survey, the number of IoT devices is anticipated to reach over 20 billion by the year 2020. Such a vast growth and the resultant expansion of the IoT network, is expected to generate trillions in revenue for telcos that are teetering due to excessive competition from all fronts and need a respite in any form. But, a move to IoT does have its challenges that need to be addressed by telecom operators both big and small.
IoT is one of the most promising technologies in the telecom industry. According to a forecast by IDC, the number of IoT devices is expected to rise to 41.6 billion. This estimated growth is going to generate 79.4 zettabytes of data, which is going to make the management of IoT platform more difficult than ever before. We, at SecureIoTservices, are an internet of things connectivity provider with long-term experience of delivering telecom services to clients across the globe.Continue reading
Anyone that has started their own business knows that billing is one of the biggest challenges that they will face. It’s also the thing that can make or break a business.
If you are not billing your customers properly or on time, your company runs the risk of losing customers and going out of business. It’s imperative that you partner with a company that knows how to bill your customers properly, especially when you are operating in the telecom space. That’s why it’s so important to partner with an MVNE like Telgoo5 who understands your billing needs. We integrate carrier billing and IoT billing at a glance, so you can see carrier billing and customer billing, while also estimating your net margins. There are over a thousand permissions in the system to help create your own workflow. The bottom line is that we provide our clients with the best possible billing service so that they can scale effectively and continue to provide stellar service.Continue reading
These days the internet is not just confined to computers.
There’s a whole new world of activity related to IOT, or the internet of things. With more and more devices being powered up and connected to the internet, there are more opportunities to integrate technologies using M2M, which is better known as machine to machine connectivity. Machine to machine transactions are completely changing the game, and Telgoo5 is at the forefront of this new innovation with sophisticated infrastructure and IOT systems that are maximizing the technology and using it to help your telecom business.Continue reading